Most people have a junk food snacking habit. If you want to slim down, you must change this habit. Here you will learn about the foods that are worthy substitutes.
They’ll add different tastes and textures to your meals and provide a wide range of vitamins, minerals, proteins and other vital nutrients. Each food is high in fiber, low in fat and safe when it comes to sodium content.
List of Low Calorie Foods
1. Berries. They are perfect weight-loss food. Blueberries have 81 calories per cup, blackberries 74, raspberries 60 and strawberries 45. There is enough fiber in them so you will absorb fewer calories.
2. Broccoli. This is America’s favorite vegetable. A cup of cooked broccoli has only 44 calories. In addition, it has loads of fiber and cancer fighting chemicals. And there is no fat.
3. Cabbage. Only 33 calories are found in a cup of cooked shredded cabbage. It was discovered that eating cabbage once a week can protect against colon cancer.
4. Carrots. A medium-sized carrot has 55 calories and is full of powerful cancer-preventing nutrients.
5. Figs. There are 48 calories per medium dried fig and 37 per raw fig. They are very good at contributing to a feeling of fullness and preventing overeating.
6. Kiwi. It has only 46 calories per fruit. It’s very rich in vitamin C and potassium.
7. Lettuce. It should be part of every weight-loss plan. There are only 10 calories per cup of raw romaine. And it’s full of vitamin C, too.
8. Tomatoes. A medium tomato has a mere 25 calories. They are rich in fiber, high in potassium and low calorie foods in fat and sodium. People who eat them every week rarely die from cancer.
9. Oats. Only 110 calories is found in a cup of oatmeal or oat bran. They will help you lose weight. A 12-year study found that you can lose three pounds in 8 weeks simply by adding 100 grams of oat bran to your daily food intake.
10. Melons. They are a real example of low calorie foods! One cup of cantaloupe and honeydew balls has 62 calories, one cup of watermelon balls has 49 calories and one cup of casaba balls has 44 calories. They are super rich in fiber and vitamins A and C and potassium.
11. Leeks. They are almost calorie-free since there are a mere 32 calories per cooked cup.